Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Current Albums I'm Diggin' On

Wayne Blogged The...Current Albums (He's) Diggin' On
---

In the past, I've listed the five albums I've really been into on the sidebar of this blog. But no more. Simply because by the halfway mark of the month, my taste has changed. So, here's the first addition of albums I've been diggin' on lately.

1) Voo Doo- D'Angelo
Pino Palldino is a funky, funky man. His bass playing is unbelievable on this record, so far behind the beat. It's also just a great R&B record, very good to chill out to.

2) Sea Change- Beck
Perhaps his best record to date, Sea Change melds Beck's folk sensibilities with his usual wackiness. Pretty great record.

3) Music For 18 Musicians- Steve Reich

I've been dabbling in the musical style of minimalism lately, and this record has blown me away. There's so much tension and release, and little musical nuances that really only musicians can appreciate. Not for the masses, but definitely for musicians.

4) Boxer- The National
The National have quickly become one of my favorite bands. And their latest release "Boxer" is one of the best albums to come out this decade. From start to finish, not a single dud.

No comments: